Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

What a great month December has been. 

The new crag is coming along with 14 new lines, an outstanding project, and space for perhaps the same again. Grades from 4 to 7b so far. We ran out of spits (the bit that goes into the rock). The supplier said they'd had a big sale last week someone came in and bought a box of 100. I said I didn't know who that may have been, but could I order another two boxes please ;O) Standby for topos!  

Mikey Robertson is over for Christmas and New Year, but more importantly is was his birthday on the 24th. So what better way to celebrate than to go to a new crag, bolt a new route, then climb it! We weren't the first there, one other line has been bolted at 7a. But they may be scope for another few hundred routes there.

 
Mikey on  "Hippo bath day" 6b/+ (Sella)

Castellets Ridge in two days!

Yes you heard right, and before you ask no it wasn't my idea! El Capitan Thompson is the guilty party. We managed to complete 7kms of ridge in two days possibly one of the hardest and scariest things I've done in Spain. On both nights we climbed well after dark, the weather was very kind being in the low teens. Not so cold that we couldn't function after dark and not too hot that we had to carry extra water.


With only 2km left, most of which I have done before, another half day should see us completed. Tony Pearson and I will finish it tomorrow, making it an all Army traverse.
I will be producing a topo for the ridge in the near future so watch this space and http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Orange-House/267418710706

Projects 

I managed to complete my project at the awesome new crag, "Beautiful Corner", 7c ticked on the second day. A good way to end the year. The new project 7c+ is much harder and may have to be a longer term project for me.

As the sun sets for the last time in 2011   Happy new year!


No comments: