Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Autumn on the Costa





We spent the long hot summer in the Alpes. September was still very warm and the traditional DWS venues have seen some action and are becoming very popular by local and visiting climbers. The hot weather has continued well into October allowing us to push out about 40 new DWS lines from 5 up to projects likely to be 8a or harder.
"Daniel" 6c+  Rich Mayfield on the first ascent.
My fav new route is Daniel (6c+/7a), named after my grandson who was in the kayak during the first ascent. This leads into a fantastic traverse line of Ailis 7b ish so far. 60m long the odd loose hold and the pump means this line is still a project.
"Curse ya fur breathin", an open project likely to be 7c/8a.

"Curse ya fur breathing, ya slacked jawed idiot!" Pictured above has seen manys attempts over the Autumn with slow progress through the roof. It's still warm enough that I'm itching to get back today, so as soon as I've finished typing this I'm off. Wish me luck I may need it!

New DWS mini guide will be available from our web site next year, watch this space...

Hasta la Vista from the White Coast....

No comments: